OCHA, UNRWA condemn the forced eviction of Jerusalemites

22 أبريل/نيسان 2012 الساعة . 08:27 م   بتوقيت القدس

Two international organizations on Sunday condemned the Israeli-forced eviction of Jerusalemite families from their homes after destroying them.

A statement by UNRWA and OCHA said that 67 Palestinian refugees were rendered homeless last week when the Israeli occupation authority (IOA) demolished their homes in Khalaila suburb in occupied Jerusalem.

The statement noted that the Palestinian families were displaced for the third time in six months, adding that the IOA tore down and confiscated the tents provided by humanitarian organizations for those families.

The statement then mentioned the IOA eviction of two Palestinian families from their homes in Beit Hanina in occupied Jerusalem and handing their homes to Jewish settlers.

For his part, OCHA office head Ramesh Rajasingham said that more than 1500 Palestinians have lost their homes as a result of demolition or expulsion since the start of 2011. He said that the demolition and forced expulsion only deepen the humanitarian suffering of those inhabitants.